Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New years resolution

A beautiful girl came to visit me last week and the week before. She told me she loved me.

I love her. And now she is 2600 miles away in a winter wonderland.

Since she left, I stare out the window at the clouds sometimes. For hours. The clouds swirl you know. They don't move forward like in cartoons like someone moving a picture of a cloud across a table top. The clouds twist, bleed off into nothingness and are filled by the same collection of nothingness. I watched an airplane fly through the clouds on purpose. Then he banked and lined up and flew through it again. Than my mom came home and asked what I was doing.

"Nothing."

"How was your day?"

"It was alright." I lied. It wasn't alright. The day sucked. Mostly because while I was at work I knew that when I got home that girl I mentioned earlier wouldn't be there, as she had been the weeks before. And that colored the day rotten mushrooms. If I had told Mom the truth I would have to explain it and I would rather look at clouds. I think she already knew all this because she just squeezed my shoulder and walked away.

I couldn't watch the clouds anymore because it would draw attention to my miserable state. So I left to my room and listened to music, read a book and eventually tried to have fun playing Borderlands. I didn't get very far in any of those activities. They weren't fun. And they could not fill the hole her leaving had left me. So I stared out the window to the sky above. There weren't any clouds. But that is ok. I can wait.

No comments: