Thursday, September 2, 2010

28:13:47:30

Days:hours:minutes:seconds until I leave this place, but who is counting? Me silly.

Today I worked from 7:30 ante meridiem to 6:30 Post meridiem and then came home to shower and go see a movie with Beans. We saw The American with George Clooney and a bunch of Italian people I never heard of before. I liked it. The people behind us though, not so much.

"It's slow, but boring," she would say. She would say it five more times. In between those she would say this, "I wish there was some dialog so I could follow whats going on." Truth be told there was dialog, expertly written and acted. The key word there would be 'subtext' you know when an assassin makes bullets puts them in a cookie tin and calls them candy they aren't really candy. The people behind us missed that though. They kept blabbing and blabbing until there was a steamy sex scene. They shut right up for that. Maybe if the movie was all sex scene they would enjoy it more, but add some dialog so they could follow what's going on though. We don't want to confuse the poor people. Sex movies with dialog, maybe some music... If only someone would have thought of that already.

Tomorrow I'll be installing the new transmission. I have all day to do it because I am work free that day. It will be a lot of work. All told I think I have about 3 full days invested into the transmission to date. Tomorrow will be four. Saturday Loo returns from her vacation--

I have a concern. And by concern I mean fear because 'concern' was just a euphemism to hide the true level of my fear.

The next semester of college starts up again for Loo next week. I am afraid that Loo will be too busy for me, even more so because I'll be out of the house. In other words I'll be somewhere else, which would require effort to visit making me that much easier to blow off and ignore. :-( "I can't come over, got this homework to do. You understand." And I will. And then we will drift further and further apart until we are strangers wondering what we ever saw in one another. And we'll split up and six years will be for naught.

or

The next semester will make Loo too busy for me so she will try to make time for me on the weekends or after she completes homework. She will realize how easy it is to blow me off and work hard not to, she'll recognize this is a make or break phase and make it, solid like the surface ice on the Europa moon, which is like granite.

or

New topic

My iPod broke awhile back, two or three weeks ago. I left it in the car and it got too hot and it now only works for about half a song before it turns off. In reading the warranty information it says not to do that because the heat will kill it.

I didn't realize how much I like listening to music until I couldn't anymore. Running, cleaning, mowing that god damn lawn... all of it I use to listen to music while I did them. Now I have to listen to whatever it is I'm doing and that can be a drag. Running not so much because the music while running is a new thing, normally I am without that. But the other stuff. Ugh. Imagine mowing a lawn for two ours listening to the engine fluctuate it's speed based on the grass it rolls over. Mind numbing.

So I searched my car for music on CD to listen to because my car's CD player works great. I found a CD of Mike Snow that Loo's brother left. There are two songs on that album that I can [the space between tolerate and like] but after a week of it I was becoming annoyed. So I searched for another disc and found Beautiful Garbage and listened to that for a week but its only got a few songs I enjoy the others are too redundant and pop/dance sounding. My problems are compounded by the fact that my computer works great in all respects save one, the ability to burn a CD. That broke a month after the applecare wore off.

Long story short I been pulling my macbook out more and playing the music from it's speakers which has renewed my enjoyment of my music. Currently I am on a Metal kick, Metallica, Tyr, Megadeath, Hammerfall, and a new group called Brocas Helm (with one particularly awesome song you can hear here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO2poJAaE_I).

My eyelids are getting heavy so I think I'll call it a day.

I just finished Invisible Monster by Chuck Palanhiuk, the first of his books I have read. I liked it a lot. I look forward to the others, Fight Club, Choke, Diary and anything else.

Night!
28:13:06:23

No comments: