Friday, June 26, 2009

Squeeze the paw to hear the sweet sounds of cleaning

I have a lot on my mind.

So most importantly my woman was accepted to Western Michigan University, which is 10 mins from her original home in Kalamazoo, MI. She is on her way there now. I just got off the phone with her, she is in Colorado. She decided to drive there, rather than fly because she didn't have enough money to fly to MI with all the stuff she had accumulated in CA for the last five years she lived here with me. So we loaded her car up, she bought a car-top-carrier that I filled with those vacuum-seal bags (which do work, incredibly well in fact) and than I stuffed it full of her teddy bears. She has quite a collection. Her teddy bears, ah yes.

At first, I did not like the idea of sharing my bed or my room with her teddy bear collection. I don't like stuffed animals on my bed. But like any good boy I compromised. ONE BEAR ONLY. Than one added a friend, and so on and so forth. A few people said, "maybe she has some kinda kiddy thing going on in her brain that makes her want to have a lot of toys?" maybe so, but no. The real reason she has so many bears is because she associates memories, places, events, people with each individual bear. (kinda like people do with photos) I found this out later on. So being the awesome boy that I am, I went to the build a bear workshop to build her a bear to give to her while I went away to college at UC Riverside. They have this lil recorder thing you press and speak into and than it saves the sound and later when she presses it, it plays back. GENIUS.

So I thought about something really naughty to say, so that when she squezzed the paw the sweet sounds of my soothing voice would make her weak in the knees. But than I saw the bear maker guy test pressing the sound maker to make sure it worked on each bear under completion. I didn't want my naughty message to be heard by anyone but Loo. So I played it safe and said, "Everything is going to be ok Loo. I'll be back in your arms quickly. Until than hug this bear." When I handed the bear builder guy the noise thing, he slipped it in the paw and filled the bear full of fluff. He didn't test push it. Like he is supposed to. To make sure it sounds the way you want it to. Anyway, I gave the bear to Loo and she was so happy and smiled great big and even cried a little at my thoughtfulness. And than I said:
"Squeze the paw."

And she did. And I heard my voice start strong and than get drowned out by someone vacuuming closeby. You can barely hear me. And she looked at me like, "wtf is this?" and I said, "it's supposed to say: [typed above] but I guess the vacuuming drowned it out." and she said, "aww, thats sweet. At least you tried. Next time look out for vacuumers."

so now, when she is sad, and thinking of me she can squeeze the bears paw and she can listen to the sweet sounds of me being drowned out by a vacuum cleaner.

The point is I gave the perfect thoughtful gift for going away...3 years ago now I guess... but botched the presentation so to speak, which makes it better I think. It's something funny she can rip on me about. "Hey, they're vacuuming over there, you want to go record something for me?" "No, I already recored one near a belt sander." "Sweet."

I remeber once when we were manuvering under the covers (which were a tangeled mess) I kneed the paw and the vacuum sound started up, but muffled under covers. My dad was wishing us goodnight and he stopped and asked, "what the hell is that?" Before Loo could explain I quickly said, "one of loo's bears makes noise when you squeeze the paw." and he said, "Oh" and went to bed. Embarassment avoided.

END.

No comments: