Thursday, October 30, 2008

Opinion

Jails are cool now. When did that happen? Criminals are cool. There are dating services that places lucky ladies with convicts on their way out. There are dating shows, blogs, books, hit shows like jailbreak and on and on.

I don't normally write my opinion down because Reza Aslan said no body cares. Beyond that Michale de Montaigne said that is man's greatest flaw, that of amassing opinions. Opinions do nothing beneficial. He went on to say that even Socrates who said, "I am without opinion/ I know nothing." must have an opinion/know something to say he actually doesn't. Its just like if I said don't think of a blue car, you have to think of a blue car first before you know not to think of it. So Michael de Montaigne said, "Tell me what I know?" which is not taking a postion, and not offering an opinion. His argument? "An Apology for Raymond Sebond" in which he talks about animals--without opinon themselves--and how they don't mess eachother up by acting out their opinions like humans do. Opinions seem to be of little use and we should stop having them.

But they can be so much fun.

Jail. A place to store dangerous people that have broken ours laws and are being punished as a result. These people should not be getting attention. No book making, no TV shows no dating services, nothing. You broke the law! No Internet, no TV. Jails are a joke anyway. Crime is just as strong inside as out, gaurds manipulate the rules to get drugs in there and gangs are just as valid etc. It seems OBVIOUS to me that these people should be punished for their crime. instead they make childrens books, and do interviews and whatever else. The only show they should make about jail is Scared Straight, if you have ever seen this show you know why. Criminals talk to at risk kids about being in jail. Its the only time a TV network will allow profanity on their screen. And not just "crap" and "tits," full blown "Bring that juicy fucking ass in here so I can fuck it with my black cock. Drink my cum little bitch, drink it!" says the inmate to the passing boy as he reaches out to grab him.

Criminals. Punishment should fit the crime. Other than that I dont really care what they do, just so long as I dont hear about how cool it is to be a criminal. These are not role models. They are failed citizens and should be treated as such until such time as they have made reparations.

Solution. So much could benefit from manual labor without cost. Like freeway clean up, hazardous waste disposal, recycling plants et al. I think they are an untapped resource. Its time to bring back the chain gang. Chain them all together, have cops with shot guns nearby, and have those criminals clean the freeway, clean the beach, clean up oil spills do whatever we can't pay people to do that needs doing because there is plenty to do. Now they can't do dangerous or harmful stuff because they are still american citizens and not slaves, but there is still plenty to do.

I have no sympathy for violent criminals, so it bothers me to see them writing books and giving interviews and being given any attention at all. They should rot without another thought.

(You can log onto sexoffender and type your area code in and see a barrage of red dots within 5 miles of your house of resgistered sex offenders. Neat huh? Lots of offenders of children around my house. What about you?)

of course every case is indivdual, I still dont want them elevated its disgusting to me.

No comments: